Nov. 12 Young Readers Day

Nov. 12 Young Readers Day

Whether it’s newspapers, books, magazines or e-readers, the written word holds value to all.

Nov. 12 is Young Readers Day, celebrating the magic of literature while showcasing the added benefits to the mind. According to holidayinsights.com, the holiday was “co-founded in 1989 by Pizza Hut and the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress.” Elementary schools nationwide use this day to encourage the young to read although adults should partake in the day as well.

So, grab your favorite book, be it a newer title like“The Hunger Games” or a classic such as “The Catcher in the Rye” and settle into a day of reading.

Sarah Bedford
Sarah Bedford, Editor-in-Chief
Sarah Bedford is a senior Communications Studies and Political Science double major, working towards concentrations in journalism, public relations and rhetoric.
Sarah has been on the Beacon staff since her freshman year, acting as the Assistant News Editor the fall of 2014, the News Editor during her junior year and currently as the paper's Editor-in-Chief.
Along with her Beacon involvement, Sarah is also the President of the Commuter Council, Co-chair of Wilkes College Republicans and an E-Mentor the summer and fall of 2014 as well as a member of the Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society and Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society.
Sarah uses journalism as an outlet to combine her love of politics and writing while delivering news to the campus community.