Oct. 29th: Internet Day

Do you ever wonder when the first message was sent over the Internet?

Well, question no more because today you have your answer. On Oct. 29th, 1969, the first ever message to be sent via the World Wide Web was sent. Although this is a fabulous mark in the technological history, the system did end up crashing half way through the delivery of the message.

Regardless, open up your laptops, tap into the Wi-fi, find the best hot-spot and celebrate the day that has allowed momentous change in everyday life and the tech world. And of course, has allowed millions of college students to procrastinate on assignments and watch and send cat videos on YouTube instead.

Sarah Bedford
Sarah Bedford, Editor-in-Chief
Sarah Bedford is a senior Communications Studies and Political Science double major, working towards concentrations in journalism, public relations and rhetoric.
Sarah has been on the Beacon staff since her freshman year, acting as the Assistant News Editor the fall of 2014, the News Editor during her junior year and currently as the paper's Editor-in-Chief.
Along with her Beacon involvement, Sarah is also the President of the Commuter Council, Co-chair of Wilkes College Republicans and an E-Mentor the summer and fall of 2014 as well as a member of the Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society and Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society.
Sarah uses journalism as an outlet to combine her love of politics and writing while delivering news to the campus community.