Kane is Able, Inc., Dick Kane to present at Wilkes

On Thursday, Feb. 26, Wilkes will be hosting the family business seminar “Eleven Best Practices of Successful Family Businesses” presented by the Wilkes University Family Business Alliance.

The seminar will be presented by Dick Kane, vice chairman for Kane is Able, Inc., a fourth-generation family business.

At the seminar, family business owners will learn specific traits and skills of successful family firms and how to apply the skills into their own businesses. The attendees will be introduced to the “Best Practices Alignment Profile”, a tool used to identify the best practices within their firms. The profile identifies how well teams are in sync with their companies’ mission, goals, and ownership priorities. Attendees will be able to create a personalized action plan to incooperate the Eleven Best Practices into their own businesses.

Attendees will learn how they can use the relationship between the Family Business Alliance, Wilkes University and the Jay S. Sidhu School of Business & Leadership to support their family business.

The seminar will be at the Henry Student Center Ballroom, from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Students are encouraged to attend.

Kane is executive in residence for the Family Business Alliance, and is Owners Council at Kane is Able, Inc., one of northeastern Pennsylvania’s most successful local companies which is now in its 85th year of business. During his tenure as CEO at Kane is Able, Inc., his guidance helped to triple the size of business in 12 years.

Those interested in attending the seminar should RSVP by contacting Lorna Galliford at [email protected] or by calling 570-408-4590.

Gabby Glinski
Gabby Glinski, Co-Managing Editor
Gabby Glinski is a senior Communications Studies major, with concentrations in journalism and public relations. She joined the Beacon in 2014 as a photographer and writer for the news section, and served as Assistant News Editor in 2015-2016 school year. She is currently the Co-Managing Editor. Besides her involvement with the Beacon, Gabby enjoys several hobbies including writing, skiing, watching hockey and collecting books. Gabby loves all aspects of photography; from developing 35mm film to using Adobe Photoshop. Her interest in photography started when she was 8-years-old. Since then, she has owned six cameras. Gabby’s hometown is Laporte PA, but she has lived all over Pennsylvania. She moved from Williamsport to Laporte, then attended a preparatory boarding high school in Quakertown and is now living in Wilkes-Barre during the school year. Gabby claims that if someone lives in Pennsylvania, she has probably been to their town before. After graduation in 2017, Gabby plans on working at her high school alma mater as public relations director in admissions or writing for a local paper.