Inactive club disbanded

The meeting was called to order at 5:57 pm.

All College: $12,050.00

Conference: $700.00

General Funds: $6,434.18

Leadership: $600.00

Spirit: $873.34

Student Government Total: $20,657.52

The Chemistry Club was present at the meeting to give a report. Next week, is National Chemistry Week and the club has many events planned for the week. It is planning a bake sale and “Pie Your Professor” event. Half of the proceeds from the events will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

The budget for Casino Week was presented for the second week. There was one change to the budget and that was upgrading the Nintendo Wii to a Nintendo Wii U. Treasurer Sam Bickert said this is a pre-order and the winner will receive the prize after Casino Week. A motion was made to allocate $11,739 for Casino Week. The motion passed 35-0-6.

Jill Price, the new Adventure Education coordinator, was at the meeting to introduce herself and did a couple of activities with the members.

President Kris Rivers spoke about inactive clubs. He said that he talked to members of Environmental Club and they told him this club may be merging with the Outdoor Club, so the issue was tabled for the next meeting. However, Rivers did not hear anything from the Student Political Action Forum. There has been no activity within the club for four years. A motion was made to disband the Student Political Action Forum due to inactivity. The motion passed 37-0-3

Reports of Homecoming will be at the next meeting due to invoices that need taken care of.

The meeting was adjourned at 7 p.m.

https://sites.google.com/site/wilkesusga/

Shawn Carey, Contributing Writer