SG Notes, 10/4

The meeting was called to order at 6:06 p.m. on Oct. 3, 2012

All college: $9,550

Conferences: $700

General funds: $17, 213.10

Leadership: $600

Spirit: $873.34

Student Government total: $28,936.44

Paintball Club was present for their second week because they are requesting $673.92 for a competition they will be participate in. Representatives from the club were there to answer any questions that the board had. They said they have reached out to Geisinger and Wilkes-Barre General Hospital for community service, but have not heard back from them. There was a motion by the board to allocate $673.92 to the paintball club. The motion was passed 32-4-5.

Next on the agenda was selecting member of the month. Nominees for the award were Julie Miller, Catelyn Sofia, John Sweeney and Kyle Wolfe. Votes were tallied and Catelyn Sofio was selected as member of the month for September.

The budget for the Casino Week was discussed and there will be more discussion at the next meeting.

There are two clubs that have reached inactive status and the board is considering eliminating the accounts. The two clubs are Student Political Action Forum, which has been inactive for four years, and the Environmental Club, which has been inactive for two years. Action to eliminate the clubs was not taken but there will be more discussion at the upcoming meetings.

The board discussed reforming the conference request policy and to have board members think about ideas. A research committee was formed to discuss a new policy and to put one in place.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:14 p.m.

Shawn Carey, Contributing Writer