The best liquid eyeliner on the market

The best liquid eyeliner on the market

I’ll admit it: I’m a sucker for pretty packaging. I’ll shell out $20 for a stick of eyeliner if the marketing has me hooked, but the times when I have that extra dough to spend are rare, so I tried out a few drugstore liquid liners to see which brand could give me the biggest bang for my buck.

After many failed attempts to find a liquid liner that will allow me to accomplish the daily long-wearing winged eyeliner look that many of us strive for, I am thrilled to say that I have found the best waterproof liquid liner on the market – and it costs less than $5.

Wet n’ Wild’s H2O Proof is by far the best formulated liner on the market. I use it in “Ultra Black” for the blackest cat eyes imaginable.  The formula is opaque, dries quickly and is absolutely waterproof, which means it never smudges throughout the day!

I’ve even tested this by applying some on the back of my hand and scrubbing with soap and water.  Trust me, this stuff does not budge. Goodbye, raccoon eyes.

Soap and water may not have the strength to break down this formula, but any oil-based makeup remover will easily remove this eyeliner. Lancôme’s Bi-Facil makeup remover and Neutrogena’s Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes both work great.

The main issue that has reviewers aggravated with this product is the applicator. For anyone that wants ease of application, well, you just have to practice. The applicator is very stiff, which is great for precision but not so great if you’re the kind of person who wants to smudge some liner into your lashline and run out the door – it takes time to master.

Regardless of the applicator, this formula is definitely the best I’ve found for anyone who needs something that will last over 15 hours and allows for perfect precision. Next time you’re wandering through the aisles of WalMart trying to choose your next eyeliner, be sure to pick up this wonderful (and dirt cheap) waterproof liquid eyeliner.

Ashley Evert
Ashley Evert, Managing Editor
Ashley Evert is a senior Communications Studies major studying dual concentrations in journalism and public relations. She is also studying three minors: English, Integrative Media, and Women's and Gender Studies. Ashley has written a beauty column for The Beacon since her freshman year and moved her way from staff writer to L&A&E assistant editor to her current position as Managing Editor.
The Beacon has given her a chance to dabble in other types of writing such as an alternative sports column and college cuisine column.
Ashley hopes to use her organizational and interpersonal skills to recruit new members who will grow, strengthen and diversify The Beacon.