University reveals new athletics logo

Cabrini Rudnicki, Editor-in-Chief

• The university unveiled its new Athletics logo at an event outside Weckesser Hall. From left to right: Dr. Terese Wignot, Kate Thomas, Dr. John Ferrence

• Wrestling team athletes Max Shaffer and Allen Kokilananda carry Moustafa Almeky in celebration of the new logo.

• Cross Country athletes Kaitlin Sutton and Jill Weston pose for the camera.

• The Men's Basketball team and the Men's Soccer team proudly watch their fellow Colonel athletes make their appearance.

• Wilkes University sports teams and Marching Colonels pose for a photo in front of the new athletics logo.

Wilkes University revealed its new logo for athletics at an event held outside of Weckesser Hall on August 29.

Communications Studies professor Kristen Rock emceed the event, which also featured the Marching Colonels drum line and the Wilkes University Cheerleaders. After the reveal of the logo on a banner, representatives from each sports team held up signs with their opening game date and posed for photos.

Free t-shirts and other merchandise was available for attending students.

The university announced over the summer that the “flying W” logo would become the athletics logo, while a new logo featuring the university seal would be used for academic purposes. Marketing previously held workshops on the new logos and the university’s brand identity on July 31 and August 1.