Cheesy chicken crescents
This super easy dinner is ready in less than an hour. For a quick, delicious meal that tastes like something momma used to make, assemble the ingredients and throw it into the oven while you study.
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 ¾ cooked cubed chicken or 5 oz. canned cooked chicken
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. can of crescent rolls
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine chicken and ¼ cheese in a bowl.
3. Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles and place 3 tbsp of the chicken mixture onto each triangle.
4. Roll the crescent to the end with the mixture inside.
5. In a medium saucepan, combine soup, milk and ¼ cup cheese. Heat until the cheese melts.
6. Pour half of the soup mixture into an ungreased 8 or 9 inch pan and reserve the remaining soup
mixture for the sauce.
7. Arrange the filled crescents in the pan over the soup mixture and bake for 25 minutes until golden
8. Serve with the remaining sauce poured over top of the crescents.
Tip: Serve with brown sugar glazed carrots and rice for a delicious home-style dinner.