Admit it, everyone is on Pinterest. It’s chock-full of amazing ideas and simple crafts that cause everyone to take one look at the picture with the “it’s so easy!” description and declare, “I could do that.” After some severe craft fails (and successes), I , Anne Yoskoski, decided it was time to share these experiences with everyone, hopefully saving at least one oven, set of eyebrows, trip to the doctor for stitches and a carpet in the process.
Natural Lip Balm
This was a great craft to give as presents, but make sure you have a boiler and that you aren’t allergic to any of the essential oils.
1. 3 teaspoons grated unbleached beeswax
2. 5 teaspoons carrier oil (sunflower, castor, or jojoba)
3. 6 or 7 drops essential oil
4. 1 teaspoon honey, for flavor
1. Melt the beeswax and carrier oil together and stir.
2. Add honey and oils.
3. Pour the mixture into containers; let sit 20 minutes before covering or moving.
This made the perfect gift for spring birthdays and showers. Identical tins (without the Altoid logo) can be found in craft stores for less than 25 cents per piece. This mixture can also be put in traditional twist-up bottle.